Keep a continuous watch on the WiSH portal for new scholarship opportunities that you may be eligible for. Many scholarship recipients are self-selecting because of low numbers of applications - it can never hurt to apply!
Tips for a Winning Application:
- Plan ahead. Keep a calendar of deadlines for scholarships.
- Read all of the application instructions and the entire scholarship application before you complete it, and make sure to proofread before you hand it in!
- Read the eligibility requirements carefully.
- Know your audience. Make sure the goals you express in your application match the goals of the scholarship program.
- If at first, you don't succeed, reapply, reapply, and reapply!
- When you win a scholarship, be classy, remember to hand write a thank you note!