Political Science 427 - Legislative Internship
Poli Sci 427 is a 3-credit course with weekly readings, as well as written assignments. The material covered in the course is designed to be relevant to students who are concurrently serving is legislative or agency internships.
This class will have weekly meetings.
It is not necessary to have secured an internship before applying for the course, but you will need to have an internship by the start of the term.
Internships do not necessarily have to be in a legislative setting, but do need to be politically related and pertain to legislative issues to be eligible, specifically in one of the following:
- the governor's office
- the lieutenant governor's office
- the state legislature
- state agencies
- federal legislative offices
Admission to this course is by application only. The application form is available by clicking here. You must be logged in to the UW-Madison Google Apps Portalapplication with your @wisc.edu NetID and password. If you are unsure how to do that, please visit the KB document: UW-Madison Google Apps - Logging In
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Political Science 478 - Washington DC Summer Internship Program
- For more information about the program and the application form, see the program website
State Legislative Internship Opportunities
- Check the Announcements Blog page for the most recent information about internship opportunities.
Washington, D.C. Opportunities
- Washington, D.C. Summer Internship Program
- The application deadline for this summer program is always in the previous fall. Please see the program page for the most current application information.
- Washington, D.C. Semester in International Affairs (an internship program organized by the UW-Madison's Division of International Studies)