Political Science 427 - Legislative Internship
Poli Sci 427 is a 3-credit course with weekly readings, as well as written assignments. The material covered in the course is designed to be relevant to students who are concurrently serving as legislative interns. This class is open by application only to students interning in a legislative setting, specifically in one of the following:
- the governor's office
- the lieutenant governor's office
- the state legislature
- federal legislative offices in Madison.
Preference will be given to political science major applicants and those with a cumulative GPA greater than 3.0.
Semester Application Information:
The application form is available by emailing the Undergraduate Coordinator, Christy Lee Ward
- This class will have weekly meetings.
- It is not necessary to have secured an internship before applying for the course, but you will need to have an internship by the start of the term.
- Internships do not necessarily have to be in a legislative setting, but do need to be politically related and pertain to legislative issues to be eligible.
Political Science 478 - Washington DC Summer Internship Program
- For more information about the program and the application form, see the program website.
State Legislative Internship Opportunities
- Check the Announcements Blog page for the most recent information about internship opportunities.
Washington, D.C. Opportunities